Experience and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform the Responsibilities and Duties satisfactorily. The
qualifications and skills listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills, and/or abilities for the job. Reasonable
accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS or BA) in Business Administration or similar
and substantial (approximately 10 years) supply chain/purchasing or
other related experience in a high mix, fast-paced, high tech
electro-mechanical manufacturing environment, or an equivalent
combination of education and experience is necessary.
- Previous experience as a supervisor, as well as, the ability to
effectively lead/manage a cross-functional team utilizing strong
analytical, reasoning, inter-personal communication,
problem-solving, and conflict resolution skill is necessary.
- Demonstrated leadership and keen bargaining skills; ability to
analyze technical data in supplier proposals; strong communication,
negotiation and mathematical skills; knowledge of supply-chain
management, major contract types and the underlying contract law,
and basic accounting principles; ability to perform financial
analysis is necessary.
- Previous experience with materials planning in a high mix, low
volume manufacturing environment is necessary.
- Previous experience in procuring Printed Circuit Board Assemblies
(PCBA), fabricated items, electronic commodities, cable assemblies,
and process materials to support production is necessary.
- Previous experience purchasing for government contracts is preferred.
- APICs certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of logistics including export rules and
regulations is necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency using various computer programs, such as,
Windows 7/8/10, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project),
as well as, ERP/MRP systems. Experience using Syspro ERP is a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on approach and ability to appropriately
address and document details, effectively multi-task, work under
pressure, meet deadlines, as well as, communicate/work effectively
with other departments in a professional, diplomatic manner is necessary.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Equipment Use
The work environment is a production and engineering area and typical
business office. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk,
sit and have the ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
Work hours will be determined based on business and customer needs
but are predominantly scheduled Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
and at times, could include overtime if necessary.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.